If your product warranty has expired, we recommend you take your product to your nearest A.S.Adventure store or contact our customer service to see what we can do for you. Our colleagues are aware of the most common issues per supplier and have access to their price lists.
- In some cases, the supplier may offer an extended warranty period for certain defects:
- As an example, Eastpak offers a 30-year warranty on broken zips.
- In other cases, the supplier will offer a replacement of the same product, but at a reduced price:
- As an example, Garmin will replace certain devices for the same model for a fee.
- However, in most cases the supplier will offer a paid repair. Some examples are as follows:
- The cost to replace a main zip on a Jack Wolfskin jacket (if repairable) is €65
- The cost to re-sole (without sides) Lowa trekking shoes is €89.95
- The cost to replace the zip on a The North Face backpack is €19.36
What conditions must be met for you to process a claim for an item with an expired warranty?
- You must have a valid proof of purchase from A.S.Adventure (in this case, the date of purchase does not matter).
- If you don’t have a proof of purchase from us or another chain, you can only register your item through our stores; in which case, a one-time minimum payment of €25 will be charged to partly cover the transport and processing costs.
- It is best to think in advance which (if any) repair costs we can approve for you when initiating a claims dossier. This will speed up progress of your dossier.
- Ensure the product is clean and dry; otherwise, we will not be able to process it.
A.S.Adventure’s after-sales service will contact the supplier of the product. The supplier is, of course, free to refuse any product for which the warranty has expired. However, as described above, the supplier may offer to repair or replace the item (possibly against payment). In this case, you will be offered a proposal by e-mail.
The average waiting time is 4 to 6 weeks.